Today's Life Mantra: An understanding of how and when to ask for it
Story - Vivekananda was roaming hungry in the streets of Calcutta (Kolkata). This happened many times in his life. The reason for this was that when his father had passed away, the financial condition of his house had deteriorated. Somehow his mother was raising children.
Sometimes it used to be that when Vivekananda came home at night, there was nothing to eat. He would lie to his mother that I had to go out to eat somewhere today and used to return by walking in the streets outside.
Vivekananda had joined Paramhansa ji in those days. Someone said to Paramhansa ji, 'Vivekananda remains hungry these days.' After this one day Paramahamsa said, 'Narendra Kali Mai's grace on you. Go in front of Mai's idol and ask for food, do not stay hungry. She is a mother, she will arrange your food. '
Vivekananda said, 'When I go in front of Mai's idol and once I got hungry, I came to my mind to ask for food from them, but I do not know why I got a voice that Mai is in front of me, she is blessing me. So what to ask for food? If you want to ask then you should ask for pleasure. I get so much joy in front of that idol without asking for anything, that I forget my hunger. '
Hearing this, Paramhansa ji got tears in his eyes. He said, 'Narendra you understand what is sought in life.'
Lesson - If you want to ask for something from God, then you should not ask for material comforts. We can achieve these things with our hard work, but what is unique, it is found by God grace. Pleasure and confidence should be sought from God. Therefore, when to whom and what to ask, we should understand this.

Leave a Comment